Sunday, April 25, 2010

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I have weighed more than my husband for over ten years.  He is 6'3" and I am 5'6".  So he has 9 inches on me!  AND he's a man!  He has weighed (give or take) about 176 since high school (he is 54 now.)  When I realized I lost twenty pounds in the hospital a few months ago, I was ecstatic!  I FINALLY weighed less than him!  YAY!

But then he had to go and get sick this month, and he lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks. 
So now he only weighs about 156, and even though I lost weight, he now still weighs less than me.  WHAT THE HECK?  Is this karma?  I am NOT happy he lost weight due to sickness, please understand.  And OMG, he's 6'3" and at that height 176 pounds is a skinny minny!  Can you imagine 156?

But it's like no matter what, I am gonna be his fat wife.  Even if I lose weight, something happens to keep his weight under mine.  Selfish me, narcissistic me, conceited me...I'm sorry, but I don't want to weigh more than my husband, and I want him to be at a healthy weight!

Ok, so I'm whining.  I don't think he looks any different, but he says his butt is so small, it hurts to sit!  So in all earnestness, I want him to be heavier than me so that he can sit comfortably.  (Did I talk you into believing that?)

9 comments:

My Life As Mom said...

You know what I do to fix that? Cook super fattening meals for him to eat and me to watch him eat. It's not the easiest thing to watch but it sure packs on the pounds.

Jessica said...

my husband is 6'4 and is skinny too! I get so mad when he says hes fat and needs to lose weight! Ahhhh

SueDohNihm said...

Hey Jackie!

I have to say, reading your blog and blog title, I actually pictured someone more...roundy, like me. You know, voluptuously shaped :-) I am not 5'6", try 5'1". And about 70 pounds more than your Hubby's current weight. And like your post below this one, I too love the Biggest Loser. I have the opposite problem, though. In the mirror, I don't think I look that big (maybe because the mirror is from the neck up, AHA! That's the trick!) but in pictures, I'm pretty sure that's not me! Someone put my face on someone else's body, there's no way I'm that huge!! And when I see someone on BL that's about my weight, I think, "Do I look like that?" Guess what I am trying to say is maybe you do not look as heavy as you perceive yourself to be. And smile, you're not a short lil' 5'1" rolly-polly-olly like me :-) Oh, hope your Hubby's tushy fluffs out so it won't hurt to sit (and you can weigh less *wink-wink* )

kelly said...

Hello from adventuresinmomville.com and Friday Follow! Loving your blog and looking forward to following!

kelly said...

Hello from adventuresinmomville.com and Friday Follow! Loving your blog and looking forward to following!

Crazy Mom of Four said...

Came across your blog from Friday Follow (I'm slow!). My husband has ALWAYS been smaller and weighed less than me and it has always made me self-conscious. I can remember (just recently) finally getting down under 200 for the first time in four years, and for the first time in 11 years weighing less than him. And I know how you are feeling...while it shouldn't bother me, I constantly think about him losing weight and weighing less than me and it makes my successes in weight loss seem minimal.

I look forward to reading more.

Lacee said...

I just found your blog and I'm loveing it. I am a follower.


mine can be found at http://www.allalonethrifty.blogspot.com

Ally said...

I weigh more than my husband and have since we met :(

Poetic Inspiration said...

I can totally relate, call me shallow but I do not want to weigh more than my hubby either, and right now I'm pushing the limits!!! UGH.
New follower here!!! Wooop Wooop