Friday, March 26, 2010

Couldn't Have Said it Better

There are a few TV shows of which I am a die hard fan, one of them being "Dancing with the Stars."  If you don't watch the show, you should still be able to appreciate this post.  Niecy Nash is on this season, and she is a comedienne and an actress.  She is on Clean House, The Insider, and Reno 911, and I don't watch any of those shows.  However, I have seen her on the commercials for Clean House.  And she is a little chunky.

Anyway, during the first practice session, she's talking to her dance partner, and she said the following (which I am paraphrasing because I heard it last Monday):
"I like being here, however I have one major concern.  I'm not like most people.  I like my jiggly parts.  I like meat.  I like a little junk in the trunk."  She then went on to say how she's watched the show before and she's seen people lose weight and get thin and she's just not sure she wants that.

Like I said, I couldn't have said it better myself, and kudos to her for saying it on one of the top rated National TV shows!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE her on that show~! ha jiggly parts hahah

-K said...

I don't have a tv, but interesting nonetheless. I'm your newest follower from FF. Can't wait to read more, stop by my blog sometime! Happy FF!

-K

http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

SueDohNihm said...

Hi! I found you through Friday Follow, and glad I did. I have read through here, smiled and laughed mainly because, I can relate! Hope you continue to revive the blog.

Have a great weekend!

Lauri said...

I found you on Friday Follow. I'm enjoying your blog very much. Feel free to stop by my blog.

Looking forward to reading more!!

raquel roysdon said...

Kiddos to all women for being who they are! Happy follow friday friend! I look forward to following your blog.
raquelamaral.wordpress.com

Julie said...

Not even sure how I found you but I like you already. A girl after my own heart. Oh I'm working on a new life style change but am not working on becoming a skinny minny. Nope a chucky dunky is just fine with me but a more healther version is what I'm working on. I am your newest follower so when you have time do some posting and I do some reading.
Drive safely on your commutes from hell. Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Blackberry Jam Cafe said...

Visiting and following from Friday Follow. I'll be stopping by often so I don't miss anything!
~Susan
www.BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com

Lauri said...

I love Niecy Nash and I love that she said this!! Good for her!!

Aphrodite's Mortal Friend (ME) said...

Hey ... I know it's Sat but I'm a little behind on the Friday Follow thing- anyway, I applaud your site- really, I look forward to reading more. As for Dancing with the Stars- I can't comment cause I truthfully don't watch it. Stop by my place when you can!

~ Yolie's Sophisticate Style ~ said...

I seen that first episode, and that's the only thing that stands out in my mind about that. I will NEVER forget that phrase, and I love her for saying that out loud. She's beautiful and she loves herself, and so should everyone else.